IT and Computerization
The corporation has taken a number of IT initiatives to meet its business commitments. Some of the IT activities/infrastructure are as detailed below:
- Hardware: KPCL is using reliable and state-of-the-art ODA (Oracle Database Appliance) server, with high availability and data security. KPCL has time and again upgraded the IT infrastructure for day to day activities.
- Connectivity: Local Area Network (LAN) has been established at all power houses and office complexes and these two have been connected by Optical Fibre Cable (OFC). Corporate office and all major project locations are connected through Karnataka State Wide Area Network (KSWAN) of Govt. of Karnataka. Provided GoK e-mail id facility up to the level of Executive Engineers and some critical users. Internet is provided to all the users. Virtual meetings are being conducted through Video Conferencing to projects/suppliers/Contractors/Government Departments.
- Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP): In-house ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) software is developed and implemented across KPCL to automate various functional areas like Finance and Accounting, Human Resource, Work Information, Fuel Management, Purchase and Inventory, Generation Management, to meet the needs of the corporation. All the In-house developed software have been centralised, web enabled and hosted at H.O. on ODA server and oracle database. It consists of following main modules:
- Integrated Inventory Management System
- Human Resource Management System
- Work Information Management System
- Generation Management System
- Fuel Management System
- Finance and Accounts
- Fly Ash Management Software (out sourced)
- Mobile App for Asset, Defect and Attendance Management(Outsourced)
- Website: Hosted new KPCL Website (https://kpcl.karnataka.gov.in) in bilingual (English and Kannada), which is developed as per GIGW & Kannada Development Authority Guidelines.
- Other software: AutoCAD, STAAD, Adobe software and e-tab are being used at Design offices. Oracle 19c database, Oracle 12c Application server, Oracle Developer Suite 12c are used for application software.
- E-procurement: Government of Karnataka e-procurement portal and GoI GeM Portal are being used for procurement of goods and services as per the KTPP act at Corporate office and Project sites.
- Consultancy: KPCL is providing consultancy service to MEIL for development & implementation of ERP.